I came across the gorgeous blog of Melbournienne Lucy Feagins. She has done a great job blogging Gertrude St. The beautiful photo of Amor y Locura above is hers. I find so few blogs that I really want to read these days, but this is one of them. It’s so what blogs should be like: journalism without the corruption. And with good photos. Good blogs need good photos. Free and ad-free. But hers even boasts hand-drawn maps to die for.
Apart from Gertrude St, it has much of interest to whatever remains of Abbotsford Blog’s readership after its sad neglect by me. For example, her posts on:
- Abbotsford’s Yello Diva (how to explain: just click on the link);
- Gertrude St’s Cottage Industries;
- the Gertrude St florist Mr Lincoln (move over Vasette);
- Abbotsford’s Mondo Trasho; and
- Abbotsford’s Studio Hacienda.
But then just about everything else is likely to be of interest.